Monday 30 June 2008

"If you're not dancing in the advanced class, how do you know you're not already dancing at an advanced level?"

Thanks to James who asked a very relevant question about my previous post "If you're not dancing in the advanced class, how do you know you're not already dancing at an advanced level?"

In the past I have danced in the advanced class. When I was in Hamilton (where I first danced Ceroc) I moved from beginners to intermediate within six months and continued to dance the advanced class every week for the remaining three years I was in Hamilton. I also danced in the nationals, making it to the repocharge (spelling?) of the open, theoretically placing me 6-12 in the country at that point. In the 4 years since then, I've been dancing less, of course, but I've been dancing at a greater variety of places (such as London, where Ceroc started).

In short, I believe I have a reasonable idea of the level I should be dancing at to be in the advanced class.

And if, by some chance, I'm wrong (and let's face it, it happens to the best of us), at least I'm erring on the side of (a) safety and (b) modesty.

No comments: